Managing Editor, Gizmodo
Gizmodo is part of Gizmodo Media Group - the publisher of the web’s most original and fearless media brands, including Gizmodo, Earther, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jezebel, Deadspin, Splinter, Jalopnik, TrackRecord and The Root. As part of Fusion Media Group, we reach an audience of +120 million visitors a month — more than one-third of all Americans.
The day-to-day of the position involves working across departments and editors to ensure the page is lively, stories are scheduled, there is a balance of story types, and the video team is integrated in pertinent editorial conversations
We’re looking for an experienced managing editor already living their day-to-day life in a fast-paced newsroom.
The ideal candidate will:
- 4+ years working in editorial at a major digital or print outlet
- Have experience at an outlet with a focus on science or technology
- Be excited by establishing workflows, keeping writers and editors on deadline, and generally keeping the gears turning smoothly at a fast-paced outlet. In short, you should be very organized
- Have experience producing large-scale editorial packages from pitch to publication
- Experience working with video producers on joint projects preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills!
This position is in the WGA-E bargaining unit.